- Grade F - £28,899 to £32,909 per annum (pro rata)
- Full time - 37 Hours (Part-time Considered)
This position offers a fantastic opportunity within our assurance team to provide financial support and advice across the partnership. This post will cover many functions of finance and business administration, monthly monitoring, budget preparation and closedown, supporting colleagues and managers as well as supporting the Finance Business Partner with developing tools to contribute to overall business improvement.
Your main duties will include:
- Monitoring progress on partnership spend and to provide timely and accurate budget monitoring reports.
- Production of quality financial information so that financial decisions provide the very best value.
- Support the Coastal Assurance Team Leader in preparing the annual partnership budget.
- Work across all projects and work with project managers to monitor project expenditure and funding.
- Support and advise the business support officer and colleague on accounts payable/accounts receivable best practice and ensure relevant governance controls are being adhered to.
- Collaborate with our five partner authority finance teams to ensure that all parties have the information they require to inform their own budgeting and reporting processes.
- Undertaking non-financial related tasks to support the wider work of the Assurance Team.
What do I need to have?
- Holds membership of, or training for AAT.
- Highly numerate and work to achieve high standards and accuracy.
- Well organised and good problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and database skills.
- Knowledge of computerised financial systems and their implications on the financial accounts.
- Ability to form good working relationships and confidence to deal with people at all levels, working as part of a team and independently.
This role is advertised as full time 37 hours per week, although we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working and would consider part time. Please let us know if this is an option you’d like to explore.
If you would like to discuss the role, please contact Christine Mansley, Coastal Assurance Team Leader via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is midnight on 24 November 2023 and interviews will be held week commencing 11 December 2023.