What’s Important To You About Your Workplace?
- Is it somewhere that gives you the flexibility and freedom to be inspired to make positive changes?
- Is it somewhere that offers a wealth of variety, not just in the projects and roles, but also in the locations and opportunities?
- Is it a place where you can demonstrate your passion for community, for making, shaping and maintaining places and for enhancing the natural environment?
- Is it somewhere that offers consistent, dedicated support from an experienced team alongside your professional development towards professional qualification (ICE, CIWM etc,)?
If you like what you read, Coastal Partners could be the workplace for you.
Jon - Coastal Technician
“ Coastal Partners have offered me a huge variety of experience in the two years that I’ve been working here, including topographic surveying, use of UAV technology for 3D mapping and Photogrammetry. By making use of the great support structure and wealth of experience, I have been able to really progress in my career in Civil Engineering.
Alongside this great experience and route for progression is of course the fact that the work we do has a positive impact on our local communities. I’ve lived in the area throughout my life, and it feels great to be able to give back by offering protection to areas at risk of flooding and erosion.”
Benefits We Offer
- A competitive salary
- A generous career local government pension scheme
- Flexible working options, including flexi-time and hybrid working style to achieve a positive work-life balance
- Collaboration office space, meeting pods, and digital meeting spaces.
- Occupational health benefits, including advisory services, free eye tests, and an employee assistance programme.
Training and development
- ICE and CIWEM development and mentor schemes.
- Payment of professional subscriptions and chartered reviews (subject to business need).
- In-house and external training courses in NEC4, Site Supervision and Engagement, and more.
- A progressive Career Graded structure to allow personal development from graduate to a senior engineer.
- Student internships
- Sponsored post-graduate training (subject to business need).
Amy - Coastal Project Engineer
" I joined Coastal Partners having completed an MSc in Engineering in the Coastal Environment and I haven’t looked back since. Coastal Partners has given me the opportunity to continue my development and showcase my passion for the work we do.
I have gained so much valuable experience, from first undertaking surveys and managing maintenance works to moving over to the Major Projects Team. Here, I have developed my Site Supervisor skills, working on multi-million pound construction schemes, including North Portsea Island and the Southsea Coastal Scheme, along with my Project Manager and Contract Management skills.
Not only do you get to work on fantastic projects which share Coastal Partners vision of managing coastlines, improving community resilience and enhancing the natural environment, you are surrounded by team members who are equally passionate about the coast and have a great depth of knowledge and experience. I look forward to and am excited for what the future might hold for us all working at Coastal Partners."
Richard - Coastal Project Engineer
" I joined the team over 10 years ago and have progressed from a Graduate Civil Engineer to a Technical Lead. As well as providing a fantastic work life balance, working at Coastal Partners has exposed me to a variety of diverse projects and roles, including in house design lead for the award-winning Milton Common Flood Defence Scheme, project manager and NEC Site Supervisor to name a few. I work closely with contractors and designers each day to resolve buildability issues and ensure the works are being delivered to a high standard. I’m always exploring more innovative ways of working, including the use of UAV systems into all aspects of our projects…I’m even a qualified drone pilot!
The most appealing aspect of working at Coastal Partners for me is that every day is different. You are involved in taking a project from concept through to construction and can have a real impact on improving the local community. "
Careers at Coastal Partners
If you have experience in civil engineering, project management, site supervision, surveying, coastal engineering or coastal science, and are interested in finding out more, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org